Thursday, July 1, 2010

Inventory

Today was Libia's first day of vacation, leaving me in charge of inventory. She came in anyway for about two hours to work on some personal stuff.
So far, inventorying has been pretty calm. Tomorrow there will be a little more work. We'll see how that goes.
So... I'm trying to think of things that happened in the last week that were interesting...
On Sunday there was a gathering here at the Schmidt's house - where I'm staying - to say farewell to a family that's leaving. It was really fun. There were hot dogs (or, the most hot dog-like things we could find), people that I knew, people that I didn't know, and a lot of Spanish practice.

Oh! as of yesterday, I've been in Ecuador for a whole month. It's been a month full of learning, and I'm sure the next month is going to be just as full. Thank you all for praying for me and for supporting me. It means a lot. Only one month and 11 days left.
I miss the people I know in the U. S. (one in particular), and I'm looking forward to seeing them again, but I find that I don't really miss all the "stuff" I left behind in the U. S. It's funny how a lot of things become unimportant when you discover that you don't actually need them.

I've been reading the book The Ragamuffin Gospel, by Brennan Manning. I recommend. It's shown me just how much I still, still don't truly believe that I'm saved by grace alone, without any input on my part but acceptance. God loves us so much. More than we can fathom. He loves us so much that we (I) have a hard time accepting it. I'm so glad that I don't have to prove myself to Him - or anyone, for that matter. Sometimes I just forget I don't have to prove myself.

Anyway, I appreciate the prayers!

1 comment: