Thursday, June 24, 2010

Stickers

For the past two days I've been spending most of my time in inventory. Where there are lots and lots and lots of stickers, hence the title of this post. Why am I working in inventory? Because the lady who's in charge of the inventory is going on vacation and they need someone to replace her for two weeks. And that's me!

I'm a little nervous about that. I've never been in charge of anything quite as important as the inventory for an entire hospital. It's only for a couple of weeks, but still... it's a lot of responsibility. So please pray for me about that.

The good news is, there are people there who are more than willing to help me out. That's one thing I've learned since I've gotten here, is that having good people in an organization makes a HUGE difference. The staff here are all Christians, as far as I know, and they all work really well together.

Steve Wilson, the hospital administrator, and his wife, Diane, are going on vacation for 4 weeks. Steve's last day is Friday. Please pray for the hospital while he's gone. Alex Weir, the head of the maintenance department is going to be acting administrator, and I know he'll do a great job, but please pray for him anyway.

The other day I rode a motorcycle for the first time in as long as I can remember. I was walking to the hospital in the morning when Henry Cabrera, the hospital chaplain, pulled up on his motorcycle and gesticulated toward me, asking if I wanted a ride. I said yes. It was a pretty short ride, but fun anyway.

Oh! I almost forgot...
Yesterday we had a special cafecita for father's day and for birthdays. It was AWESOME!!! Some nurses and lab workers put on a play about the prodigal son. It was really funny because they were all women and wore these huge ridiculously fake beards. AND there were prizes for the guys in the room (fathers, grandfathers, potential fathers). And coffee, lemonade, flan, and these balls of meat and potato that I can only describe as delicious.

So, Ya, that's my life this week.

1 comment:

  1. I´m praying for you. It sounds like you´re doing great! I´m a little jealous of the motorcycle ride. haha
    I´m glad you´re surrounded with a great community--those are hard to find sometimes,so it´s good to know that you´re in one.
    I´m so proud of you! I´m about to e-mail you now. :-)

    ReplyDelete