Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Morgan Holland: Quartermaster. Housesitter. Lizard Hunter.

Well, It's been a while since my last post...
Last week was fun. Libia went on vacation leaving me in charge of inventory for a grand total of 7 work days. By the end of those 7 days I was wondering how in the world Libia does it by herself. I fell behind.

I was also house sitting for the Williams, a family with Youth World. They took a team of 98 Americans, Waorani, Argentinians, Ecuadorians, and who knows who elsians to a camp out in the jungle in the northwest of Ecuador. They had a blast. I fed their dog. And their monkey.

Now for the lizard hunting part...
On thursday I was doing my inventory thing when three kids appeared at the door and said, "hay un lagartijo!" I didn't know what that was, so they went away confused and I stayed there confused and continued working. A few minutes later I went back between some shelves and there it was, a lizard.
It's about a foot long and green and freaked out about seeing humans. And so, of course, it ran away. It got under some shelves and stayed put, just where I couldn't reach it.

As of today, he's still in there somewhere. I didn't really have time to go chasing after lizards last week, and this week is no different. I've been working with Libia to get her caught back up, and she's terrified of lizards, so there were some tense moments when our stowaway/mascot decided to show his face.

I'll keep you updated as far as the lizard situation goes...
Thank you all for your prayers!
Until next time,
Morgan

2 comments:

  1. Morgan,
    I just figured out how to leave you a message.
    I do want you to know that you are in our prayers
    many times a day as we pray for all our children
    away on mission trips. I hope you are enjoying your
    time in Ecuador, that God is using you and blessing
    you and that you will come back home safe, sound and
    soon.

    Love, Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen many of your FB updates and just noticed this, your latest blog update. Glad things are going well. Hope Libia overcomes her fear of lizards!

    ReplyDelete